Gaydar test...
So I've been watching Survivor: Cook Islands, the racially segregated version of Survivor, just because I want to see the undertones and covert (and sometimes unintentional) racism. Anyway, even though I sought out to watch the show as a critic, I find myself rooting for the Asian team to win. Nonetheless, it wasn't until episode 3 that this Hawaiian-Chinese dude, Brad, got some substantial screen time. My question is: Is he gay?
I couldn't find any clips from episode 3, but he gets some face time when the Puka tribe (Asian tribe) is introduced in episode 1.
My favorite part is at the end of the clip, where Cao Boi (pronounced Cowboy!) says, "My biggest concern with being an all Asian tribe is I've never been accepted by the Asian community. Take one look at me. I don't look educated, I don't fit the stereotype: Hard-working, Mr. engineers with jacket, suit and ties, drive nice cars. I just don't fit the stereotype." The last sentence when he is talking, lists his occupation: Nail Salon Manager. *cough* OK, you don't fit the stereotype.
Here Cao Boi solves Brad's headache using some traditional holistic techniques. Way to go, not perpetuating stereotypes, man... Also of note: Yul (the Korean) calls Cao Boi a "crazy kook." Haha.
So, this straight man wants to know if his gaydar is on point. Is Brad gay?
(in this episode, the Hispanic guy at the end of the clip is revealed to the office that he's gay, even though the viewers knew since last season)
I couldn't find any clips from episode 3, but he gets some face time when the Puka tribe (Asian tribe) is introduced in episode 1.
My favorite part is at the end of the clip, where Cao Boi (pronounced Cowboy!) says, "My biggest concern with being an all Asian tribe is I've never been accepted by the Asian community. Take one look at me. I don't look educated, I don't fit the stereotype: Hard-working, Mr. engineers with jacket, suit and ties, drive nice cars. I just don't fit the stereotype." The last sentence when he is talking, lists his occupation: Nail Salon Manager. *cough* OK, you don't fit the stereotype.
Here Cao Boi solves Brad's headache using some traditional holistic techniques. Way to go, not perpetuating stereotypes, man... Also of note: Yul (the Korean) calls Cao Boi a "crazy kook." Haha.
So, this straight man wants to know if his gaydar is on point. Is Brad gay?
(in this episode, the Hispanic guy at the end of the clip is revealed to the office that he's gay, even though the viewers knew since last season)

3 Comments:
Coa Boi doesn't understand that its not an asian thing. I'm sure most people don't accept his excentricities, but white people just write it off as him being Asian, hahah.
Brad, I hope he is gay...I think you're right.
One of the Asians seems to dislike asians, but doesn't realize it. You know one of those asians who looks for white guys to date since they need that in a parter to feel whole... kinda sad...
Which Asian are you talking about, the secret self hating one?
You should watch this show too. It started out sort of interesting but during the third episode it just becomes a lame-fest. I hope it gets better... I'll keep you posted if you decide to ignore it.
Brad's cute, I think he's gay :( along the lines of stereotypical jobs ... he's a fashion director, hmmm
Which asian are you talking about?
Post a Comment
<< Home